Keep track of people's coming and going by using the Church Base Community "Check-in" feature located in your dashboard.
You can use this feature for anything as large as weekly services to something as small as LifeGroups and anything else in between.
Using it for childcare? We hoped so. To help keep the children in your community safe we added a feature that you not only have to check-in a child, but it's also mandatory to check them out as well.
Creating a Check-In
Step 1: In your Dashboard, select Community module in the drop down menu
Select "Check-Ins" in the side menu, then "Add Check-In"
Step 2: Enter "Check-In" information: Name of check in, where they are checking in at (service, event, class, etc.), which organization and campus/donation page the check in is at, date and times, and who the audience is (what kind of people will be checking in)
- "Auto checkout at end of day" will check out any people remaining that have not been checked out already
- "Require Checkout" will leave all people checked in in your queue until they are checked out
- "Auto Renew" will wipe all of your queues clean at the end of the week so no one is left to check out
- "Print Labels" will allow you to connect printers so that the guardian or person will have a label rather than a text with a code to scan for check out
Your event listing will be created and will look like this:
Step 1: Select the eyeball icon in the "Action" column to go to the check-in page and start checking people into your event, service, etc.
*Church Base Tip: Having a conference? Set up a few iPads in the lobby and use this check-in form as mandatory to attend the conference!
Step 2: Search a name or phone number to check in a person or their family members.
- If they do not already have an account created, you can create one by typing in their name then click on their name below labeled "Create [person's name] as new person?" You can also list any family members or guests that are in attendance with them.
Step 3: After they are done, click "Done" or "Check-In" and it automatically refreshes to a new form to let the next person check-in.
As soon as someone has checked in (if "Check-Out Required is checked), they are sent a confirmation text message directly to their phone. It looks like this:
Click the link and it opens to a QR code that is linked to your Community Profile and the person who checked in.
Step 1: When your service is over, and you need to check out, select the camera icon
Step 2: Scan QR code, or enter the code you received.
Managing Your Check-Ins
To manage your check-ins, go back to your list of check-ins that you created. By selecting the number of "Check-ins" you can see a list of who has checked-in, and check-out information, and delete check-ins, if necessary.
We want to hear from you!
Help us help you. Please rate this Article below and let us know if you found it helpful. We are always working on providing you with the best possible experience.
Thank you for using Church Base! :)