Prior to publishing your app, an Apple Developer account will need to be created for your organization. We will apply for this account on your behalf, but will need some information from you to get started.
The first thing you'll need to collect is your D-U-N-S Number. If you don't have a D-U-N-S number (most people don't) create one here:
- First Sign into your iTunes account here, if you don't have one, create one here.
- You may already have a DUNS, click here to search for it.
- After entering all your information, click submit, if you already have a D-U-N-S number it will email it to you. If you don't have one, the page will prompt you, asking if you'd like to forward your information to D-U-N-S, click yes. **NOTE** Please make sure the address associated with your D-U-N-S number is accurate. If it is not up to date, Apple may require that an update be made before we can move forward.
- This will take about 5 business days to get a D-U-N-S number back. Once you receive your D-U-N-S number, you may be required to wait 7 days before using it. If so, you will be required to wait 7 days before we are able to enroll in the Apple Developer program.
Apple requires that two-factor authentication be set up on your Apple ID account before applying for the Apple Developer account. This article that Apple provides will walk you through the process. Please keep in mind that if two-step verification is set up on your Apple ID account, you will need to enable two-factor authentication before we can move forward.
Apple requires that an iPhone or iPad is used in the process of setting up two-step authentication. If you do not have access to an Apple device, please let us know.
TIP: Two-step verification codes will be 4 digits long. Two-factor authentication codes are 6 digits long. If you receive a 6 digit verification code when you attempt to log in to your Apple account, you have successfully completed this step!
Adding a Trusted Phone Number
Before we are able to fully access your account, Church Base will need to be added as a trusted phone number on your Apple ID account. Please contact your designer for the phone number to add to your account.
Sending the Information
Once you have received your D-U-N-S number and completed the steps above, please send the following information to your designer via the chat button on your dashboard:
- Your D-U-N-S number
- Your legal entity name
- Your website URL (if you do not have a live website, let us know and we can assist you with this)
- Headquarters phone
- Headquarters address (that corresponds with your DUNS number)
- Your Apple ID login credentials
- Your work email address (this email must be associated with your website domain name, and cannot end in Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. For example, "email@example.com" is an acceptable email.)
We will then apply for the Apple Developer account on your behalf. Once Apple approves the application, we can move forward with publishing your app!
Note: Apple often times will deny an app upon first submission. You, as well as the ChurchBase Publishing Team will receive an email upon denial. There is no need to take any further action, we will fix any issues and resubmit the app on your behalf.