Zapier allows you to connect Church Base to over 1,500 different platforms like QuickBooks, MailChimp and Google Docs.
Simply put, you can automate information from Church Base when an action is triggered and send that information wherever you’d like.
An example would be sending a donations data to QuickBooks when a donor gives to your church.
To get started, create an account at Zapier.com. It’s completely free for over 75% of Zapier’s apps (like MailChimp) but they require a small monthly fee for premium integrations like QuickBooks.
Church Base Zapier integration is in Beta, please click here to join:
Click this link, and click “Accept Invite & Build A Zap”
Tip: For a full guide on Zapier and how to connect to different apps, click here.
In this example we’re going to automatically add a user/donor who registers in Church Base to a MailChimp List.
1. Go to https://zapier.com/app/dashboard and click “Make a Zap!”
2. Inside the search field, look for Church Base and click it.
3. After selecting an app, it will ask you to choose a trigger. This is the action you’d like to initiate the data transfer to another app. In this use case, choose “New User Added” so anytime a user is added to your ChMS (through donation, your app, your onboard form, or added by you directly.)
4. Next the form will ask you to authorize a Church Base account by signing in.
5. A popup will show a login window, this will happen anytime you choose an app you haven’t previously authorized. To authorize, just log in with the apps credentials, in this case your ChurchBase.com login.
6. Under “Do This…” search and choose the app you’d like to send your data to. In this case, MailChimp.
7. Now it will ask you to select an action to do in MailChimp. For this example we’re going to “Add/Update Subscriber”
8. Once again, it will again ask you to authorize this app (only once - you can use the app again without having to sign in again) by signing in.
9. After signing in, it will show the options, this is different for each app depending on where you’re sending the data. MailChimp asks which list, group, etc. you’d like to add the person to. And ask you to map the data you want.
10. For example, it will ask for the users email (pulled from Church Base).
11. Once you’ve customized how you want the data to be imported by the app (MailChimp) you can finish your Zap by clicking “Continue” and then sending or skipping the test. Then clicking “On” on the switch at the bottom.
Tip: you can add multiple steps or multiple places to send your data by clicking the “+” under any step. You may also add filters to filter the data from Church Base before sending it, to eliminate certain types of data.
For a full guide on how to use Zapier, click here.
Church Base Triggers
Triggers allow you to pull data when something happens, like when a donor gives, that can trigger sending the gift information into another app like QuickBooks or an excel sheet on Google Docs.
- New Person Checkin
- New User Added
- in ChMS - includes donors, app registrations, and ChMS people
- New Donation Received
- New Event Created
- New Event Registration
- New Service
Church Base Actions
These are things you can have Church Base do with data imported from other apps.
- Create Person (create a user in the ChMS)
- Send SMS (send a person from the ChMS an SMS)
- Send email (send a person from ChMS an email)
- Add a Note to a Profile
We want to hear from you!
Help us help you - please rate this Article below to let us know if you have found it helpful.
We are always working to provide you with the best possible experience.
Thank you for choosing ChurchBase! :)